||The Next Generation of Sustainable Insulation . . .
Naturally from Knauf.
Knauf EcoBatt™ Insulation doesn’t look like any insulation you’ve ever seen, but that’s because its natural brown color represents a level of sustainability never before achieved.
The color comes from ECOSE™ Technology, a revolutionary, new sustainable binder born from five years of intensive research. Made from rapidly renewable organic materials rather than petroleum-based chemicals commonly used in other insulation products, ECOSE Technology reduces binder embodied energy by up to 70%, and does not contain phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors used to make traditional fiberglass insulation.
EcoBatt Insulation combines sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources, post-consumer recycled bottle glass and ECOSE Technology to create the next generation of sustainable insulation…naturally from Knauf.
Features & Benefits
• Made primarily from sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources
• Lower embodied energy than our traditional batts
• Rapidly renewable binder eliminates petroleum-based chemicals
• Contains no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors
• Contains a minimum of 61.9% post-consumer recycled content
• Excellent insulating value
• Reduces airborne sound transmission
• Significantly improves STC ratings of wall configurations
• Cuts easily and cleanly
• Recovers quickly
• Less dusty
• Friendly feel
• Enhances productivity
Legendary Handling Characteristics
While developing EcoBatt Insulation, maintaining Knauf’s legendary handling was mandatory. EcoBatt products deliver the same exceptional quality, handling and durability our customers have become accustomed to, with a higher level of sustainability.
EcoBatt products have superior consistency throughout the batt, from batt to batt and from package to package. They offer features installers really appreciate—quick recovery, gutsy, easy to cut, and less dusty. And EcoBatt Insulation has a friendlier feel, a pleasant natural scent and a distinctive natural installed look.
– 30 year Professional Insulation Installer
• Unfaced products do not exceed 25 Flame Spread, 50 Smoke Developed
• 5% maximum by weight
• No more than sterile cotton
• Does not support microbial growth or attract insects or vermin. In addition to being classified as mold resistant by GREENGUARD, EcoBatt Insulation has passed exhaustive entomological testing at leading institutions in the US and UK.
• Noncombustible (Unfaced)
Knauf Insulation products with ECOSE Technology contain no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors. These products are certified by UL Environment for indoor air quality (IAQ) as low emitting products and where noted, have achieved the more stringent GREENGUARD Gold certification and verified to be formaldehyde-free. For more information, visit: www.ul.org/gg